Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Taxol 3/4

I have been very preoccupied for the last two weeks, because my liver enzymes were elevated last time I received Taxol, and I really want to stay on track with the schedule.  I did some reading about what I can do to protect my liver.  The diet I'm already following covers a lot of bases (no alcohol, no fried foods).  I went to acupuncture two extra times, I drank dandelion root tea after every meal, I tried to exercise more and I tried to get some more time in the sun.  I have no way of knowing exactly what was responsible, but my liver enzymes were down this time, and I was so relieved.

My friend Kristin came to sit with me. This time my favorite nurse was assigned to me, which was a great relief.  He gave me pillowcases to put over the "ice baggies" I'm applying to my hands and feet so I wouldn't get frostbite (which may or may not be worse than the neuropathy I'm trying to prevent).

The main side effect I'm experiencing is fatigue.  I haven't had any mucositis, which could be because I've been taking glutamine, because I've been chewing ice during the chemo, or both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment