Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Taxol 2/4

According to my lab results, my liver enzymes are elevated.  My oncologist had to check to be sure it was okay to administer the full dosage of Taxol. I was very nervous that it would have to be delayed but she decided to go ahead with the full dose.

I read that icing your hands and feet during administration of Taxol can prevent neuropathy.  There are some very expensive gel gloves and slippers you can buy for this but I just put a bunch of ice in baggies and brought it in an insulated bag.  The nurses told me that they weren't familiar with this but even though it looks and feels weird, I think it's definitely worth trying.

The nurse I had today was the same one who messed up my second AC chemo administration, and she seemed just as frazzled today.  At first I tried to go out of my way to connect with her, but after a while I decided to just tune her out.  The friend who was with me agreed that this nurse was strange.  Everything went okay with the chemo though, so I just enjoyed the time visiting with my friend and talking about Guatemala, which took my mind off the weird nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment